Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts IBPS PO exam to shortlist candidates for the post of Probationary Officer (PO)/Management Trainee in various public sector banks in India. IBPS PO 2019 examination is held in three phases – Preliminary and Main exam followed by Interview Round.
IBPS PO 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection- Probationary Officers exam (IBPS PO Exam)|
|ConductingBody||IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Qualification: Graduate from a recognized University|
Age Limit: 20 years – 30 years as on August 1, 2019
|Mode of |
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Preliminary: 1 hour | Main: 3 hours 30 minutes|
|IBPS PO |
|INR 37,360 – INR 38,700 (in hand salary)|
|IBPS PO |
|1800 222 366 / 1800 103 4566|
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Dates
IBPS has announced the official schedule for IBPS PO exam 2019. Candidates can check the important dates below:
|IBPS PO Registration 2019 Begins||August 7, 2019 (Open)|
|Last date to submit IBPS PO Application |
|August 28, 2019|
|IBPS PO Application Fees Payment Dates||August 7 – 28, 2019|
|IBPS PO Call Letters for Pre-exam Training|
|IBPS PO Pre-exam Training Dates||September 23 – 28, 2019|
|IBPS PO Admit Card 2019 for Prelims exam||October 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Prelims Exam Date||October 12, 13, 19 and 20, 2019|
|Publication of IBPS PO 2019 Prelims Result||October 2019|
|Availability of Hall Ticket for IBPS PO 2019 |
|IBPS PO 2019 Main Exam Date||November 30, 2019|
|Publication of IBPS PO 2019 Main Result||December 2019|
|Issuance of IBPS PO Call Letters for |
|IBPS PO Interview Dates||January/ February 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancies
IBPS has released a total of 4,336 Probationary Officers vacancies in 9 participating banks. Aspirants can check the category-wise vacancies below:
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria determined by IBPS before registering for the banking exam. The basic eligibility regarding nationality, educational qualification, and age are mentioned below:
To appear for IBPS PO 2019, a candidate must be any of the following:
- Citizen of India
- The subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing in India permanently.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The degree/ marksheet should be dated earlier than August 28, 2019.
- General category applicants’ age should be more than 20 years but less than 30 years as on August 1, 2019.
- There is an age relaxation provision for various reserved categories as per the government of India’s reservation norms.
IBPS PO Application Form 2019
IBPS PO 2019 Application Form has been made available at the official website-www.ibps.in from August 7 – 28, 2019. Candidates can follow these simple steps to register for the banking exam:
Step 1: Register Online
- Visit the official website of IBPS i.e. www.ibps.in
- Search for the tab “Click Here for New Registration”
- Enter your Email ID and Mobile number and other basic details.
- A provisional registration number and password will be sent on the registered email ID and Mobile number.
Step 2: Upload Documents
Candidates have to upload the following documents in specified dimensions during registration:
|Documents||Dimensions||File Size||File Type|
|Photograph||200 X 230 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Signature||140 X 60 Pixels||10 – 20 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Left Thumb Impression||240 X 240 Pixels||20 – 50 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
|Hand Written |
|800 X 400 Pixels||50 – 100 KBs||JPG/ JPEG|
Step 3: Fill IBPS PO Application Form
Candidates have to fill the form very carefully as no changes will be allowed after Final Submission.
- Fill your personal, academic and communication details.
- Choose the position applying for and preferred exam centers.
- Click on “Save and Next” and preview the form.
- Click on “Final Button” to submit the form and move to fee payment.
Step 4: IBPS Application Fee Payment
The final step in registration process is application fee payment.
- Candidates have to pay the registration fee in online mode only.
- Select the mode of payment amongst Debit/ Credit/ Rupay card/ Internet Banking/ IMPS/ Cash cards or Mobile Wallets.
- Enter the required detailed and pay the fees.
- Download e-receipt and filled-in application for future reference.
IBPS PO 2019 Application Fee
The application fee varies as per candidate’s category:
|General/ EWS/ OBC||INR 600|
|SC/ ST/ PWD||INR 100|
IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card
Separate Admit Cards will be issued for each round of IBPS PO 2019 which will be available on the official website. IBPS PO Admit Card 2019 for Prelims is expected to be issued in October 2019 while IBPS PO Main Admit Card will be available in November 2019. Applicants need to follow the steps listed here to download their Admit Cards.
- Visit the official website of IBPS.
- Click on the link to download the Admit Card.
- Enter the login credentials (Provisional ID and Password received during the IBPS PO Application Process).
- Verify the details on the Admit card and obtain multiple prints.
Documents required at the time of entry in the examination hall:
- Valid Admit Card for the respective date and session of the examination.
- Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original as well as xerox copy.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2019
IBPS PO 2019 is an objective type, computer-based examination, while the exam pattern is different for the Prelims and Main Exam:
IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2019
To reserve your seat for mains, candidates will have to qualify the prelims examination by securing minimum cut off marks as decided by the IBPS. Below is the detailed IBPS PO Prelims exam pattern for IBPS PO 2019 exam:
|Name of test||Number of |
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2019
There are no changes introduced in the mains examination, this year. You have to go through the detailed exam pattern for IBPS PO mains examination below:
|Name of Test||No. of |
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
|Data Interpretation & Analysis||35||60||45 min|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min|
|General/ Economy/ |
|Descriptive Test: Letter & Essay |
Descriptive Test Pattern
The descriptive test for IBPS PO Mains includes two sections, these will carry total of 25 marks under 30 minutes to attempt:
1. Letter Writing: You can ask to write the formal, semi-formal or informal letter based on general topics, current affairs & banking awareness.
2. Essay Writing: Essay writing basically is a long article that can be asked on any random topic, especially on the topics related to current affairs/issues, or the issues that are bringing everybody’s attention lately. Take a look at the 15 most expected essay topics for IBPS PO Descriptive Paper for your self-study.
IBPS PO Notification: IBPS PO Interview And Final Selection
As mentioned above, candidates will be finally selected based on their performance in the Main Exam and Personal Interview (80:20 ratio). Personal Interview will be conducted for 100 marks. The qualifying marks for Personal Interview is 35 percent for SC/ST/PwD candidates and 40 percent for others.
Candidates must score as high as possible in both Main and Personal Interview in order to ensure provisional allotment.
Latest: The IBPS PO 2019 Registration begins! Click here to apply for IBPS PO 2019-20
How To Apply Online For IBPS PO 2019-20?
The IBPS PO 2019 Application process will be released through online mode. Before IBPS PO 2019 Apply Online go through the steps to apply for IBPS PO 2019.
- 1st Step: Visit the official website – ibps.in
- 2nd Step: Click on Link – “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES (CRP-PO/MT-IX)”
- 3rd Step: Click on “Click here for New Registration”. Provide basic details such as Name, Date of Birth Mobile Number & Email ID, etc to register yourself.
- 4th Step: A registration number and password will be generated. Note it down for future reference and the same will also be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- 5th Step: Log in using the Registration Number and start filling the IBPS PO application form
- 6th Step: Enter your Personal, Educational, and other details. Click on ‘Save & Next’ button to proceed further.
- 7th Step: Upload the scanned copies of the candidate’s photo, signature, left-hand thumb impression, a handwritten declaration as per the prescribed formats
- 8th Step: Now click on “Save and Next”. Recheck the details entered and edit them if necessary. Now click on – “Final Submit” button for the final submission of the IBPS PO application form
- 9th Step: Now click on the Fee Payment option to pay the IBPS PO application fee. Pay the application to complete the application process.
- 10th Step: Now print the IBPS PO online application form for future reference.
We hope this article on IBPS PO 2019 Apply Online helps you. If you have any question feel free to post it in the comment box below. We will get back to you at the earliest.
Thank You 🙂
All the Best..!